Re: [exim] Set DSN Options After Reception

Author: Sabahattin Gucukoglu
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Set DSN Options After Reception
On 21 Jul 2021, at 16:31, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> On 21/07/2021 16:24, Sabahattin Gucukoglu via Exim-users wrote:
>> On 20 Jul 2021, at 15:36, David Saez Padros via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>>> I think it could be useful for messages not submitted via smtp
>>
>> Postfix, Sendmail and Courier (but not OpenSMTPD) all have the “-N” option for setting DSN options.
>
> You could open a wishlist-level bug at bugs.exim.org requesting the feature - I
> note that it's different from what you originally asked about.

OK (I should have done that from the outset, of course).

I think allowing this to be done in the run-time configuration is uncontroversial (after all, you can also change the semantics of a message by adding, deleting or modifying headers in it) but this would be better than nothing and makes implementing this easier.

Cheers,
Sabahattin