Re: [exim] Perl integration - context?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andrew C Aitchison
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Felipe Gasper
Υ/ο: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Perl integration - context?
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021, Felipe Gasper via Exim-users wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     Is it possible with Eximâ??s Perl integration to create a reference
>     that will last throughout a messageâ??s delivery and then be reaped?

>     Iâ??d like to explore an flock-based lock for mail delivery that
>     would allow an external process to suspend delivery by holding a
>     lock on a designated path: if Exim/Perl does flock($fh, LOCK_SH)
>     and fails EAGAIN, then Exim will defer acceptance of the message.

>     When the flock() succeeds, ideally that flock()ed Perl $fh will
>     last until delivery is done and then be reaped. Is it safe to
>     store that in a Perl global, then call something else at the end
>     of the routing that deletes/undefs that global? Or is there some
>     cleaner way to give Exim such a reference and have Exim hold onto
>     it for me until routing/delivery is over?

I am reminded of the exim_lock utility, though that is an external process.

I'm a bit confused.
Are you trying to stop a second message from being accepted *into the
exim queue* whilst the first is being routed/delivered ?

A message is often accepted and delivered by separate exim processes
(it may sit in the queue until some remote event happens)
so I'm not sure that exim can hold a lock through the whole delivery.

Another way the delivery flow is modified is to move a message
between two queues ...

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???