Re: [pcre-dev] Support for 64 bit on Windows

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Chris De Boeck
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Support for 64 bit on Windows
The CODE_UNIT_WIDTH stuff is concerned with the size of code units in the
data that PCRE2 processes - nothing to do with the 32-bit or 64-bit ness of
the underlying operating system. Just compile in the normal way on a 64-bit
system and you will get a 64-bit library that processes strings of 8-bit
characters. Use the CODE_UNIT_WIDTH settings if you want to process 16-bit
or 32-bit characters. Extraordinarily, this is the second time this week
that this misunderstanding has arisen - I have just been adding some words
to the documentation to try to make it clearer. I didn't think of updating
NON-AUTOTOOLS-BUILD, however, so I will now take a look at that as well.

Regards,
Philip