[exim] Exim security release ahead

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-users, exim-maintainers@exim.org, exim-announce
Asunto: [exim] Exim security release ahead
Dear Exim-Users and maintainers,

this is a *heads up* notice only. No action is required on your part
right now.

Abstract
--------

Several exploitable vulnerabilities in Exim were reported to us and are
fixed.

We have prepared a security release, tagged as "exim-4.94.1".

This release contains all changes on the exim-4.94+fixes branch plus
security fixes.

Schedule
--------

2021-04-27 13.30 UTC:   Grant access to the security repos
                        for distro maintainers

                        repos/website/etc

Repositories
------------

The sources *will* be available on our security repo:

        tarballs: git@???:exim-packages-security.git
        source:   git@???:exim-security.git
                  tag: exim-4.94.1

Access to these security Git repos will be granted for the known set of
Exim maintainers and distro packagers first. Please reach out to us, if
you need further details or if you think, you should be part of this
set.

One week after granting access to the distro packagers the release will
be pushed to the well known public repos as usual.

Details
-------

The current Exim versions (and likely older versions too) suffer from
several exploitable vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities were reported
by Qualys via security@??? back in October 2020.

Due to several internal reasons it took more time than usual for the Exim
development team to work on these reported issues in a timely manner.

We explicitly thank Qualys for reporting *and* for providing patches for
most of the reported vulnerabilities.

Thank you for using Exim.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden