Re: [exim] tainted data issues

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] tainted data issues
On 10/11/2020 06:44, Kai Bojens via Exim-users wrote:
> The only problem I have with tainting is the lack of documentation. Why
> is there no single page with just "Hey, external data is now considered
> tainted.

To help the discussion along I've put up a copy of the current
(git HEAD) documentation. It has moved on a little from the
4.94 release - in particular there is more indexing of
de-tainting methods.

https://people.exim.org/jeremy.harris/docs/HEAD/exim-html-4.94-RC999/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/

The bit corresponding to Kai's request is about three sentences, near
the top of the String Expansions chapter. Perhaps I'm too close to
the subject, but I can't see it taking a whole page.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy