Re: [pcre-dev] Getting crash when searching binary data with…

Author: Thomas Tempelmann
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Getting crash when searching binary data with case-insensitive option
Philip and others,

I am sorry that your first experience with PCRE2 was to get caught by a
> bug. It's amazing how long some of these bugs can persist without anybody
> noticing. This was a straightforward error on my part when implementing
> PCRE2_MATCH_INVALID_UTF a while ago. (The bug was in the interpreter; using
> JIT worked correctly.) I have fixed the bug and committed the patch to the
> repository.

Awesome, thanks!

I'm happy to see you're on top of it. I know how hard it is to maintain
open source software and respond to possibly lots of requests. Can be
exhausting.

And no need to apologize. I'm getting great free software here. It hadn't
expected such a quick resolution, along with the responses of other devs
here.

If anyone uses a Mac and wants a free license of my apps on apps.tempel.org,
let me know! (Find Any File will soon use PCRE2 for its super-fast text
search, multi-threaded of course).

Thomas