Re: [exim] Local EAI addresses ?

Author: John Levine
To: exim-users
CC: jgh
Subject: Re: [exim] Local EAI addresses ?
In article <242c9fbf-7797-4224-d752-1d97daf7818e@???> you write:
>On 01/08/2020 00:39, John R. Levine via Exim-users wrote:
>> 2020-07-31 19:26:19 1k1ePr-0000iX-8I <= johnl@???
>> U=johnl P=local S=431
>> 2020-07-31 19:26:19 1k1ePr-0000iX-8I ** 用户1@???: Unknown user
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
>It's not being accepted, so your ACL configuration is relevant.

I'm using the standard ACL in the config file that comes with 4.94:

Here's a simpler test. I added these two lines to /etc/aliases:

føø: johnl
bar: johnl

Mail to bar works, mail to føø sends me a bounce with this in it:

  f\303\270\303\270@???
    Unknown user

The octal escapes suggest something isn't expecting UTF-8.

I tried sending mail from other systems, same thing, mail to bar works, to føø bounces.

Any suggestions? I looked at the build setup and SUPPORT_I18N is definitely enabled
since I can send mail to EAI addresses on other systems with the necessary MAIL FROM flag.

R's,
John