Re: [exim] Testing sender and recipient domains in MIME ACL

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Testing sender and recipient domains in MIME ACL
On 26/05/2020 07:53, Mike Tubby via Exim-users wrote:
> I need to make business logic decisions in the MIME ACL on how to screen
> MIME content based on the sender domain and recipient domain

The message could have multiple recipients, having different domains.
Therefore, in general, the recipient domain is not well-defined in
any ACL apart from the RCPT ACL.

If you have coded the RCPT ACL to enforce single-recipient messages
(destroying the efficiency of SMTP), by deferring and after the first,
then you could use ${domain:$recipients}. You could do slightly better
by permitting multiple recipients of a single recipient domain, but
then you'd have to pick off the first one:
${domain:${extract {1}{,}{$recipients}}}
--
Cheers,
Jeremy