Re: [pcre-dev] 3x-4x slowdown in pcre_match

Author: enh
To: pcre-dev
CC: Martijn Coenen, Stephen Hines
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 3x-4x slowdown in pcre_match
On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 8:54 AM <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2020, enh via Pcre-dev wrote:
>
> > done. i've attached a patch that includes both the configure and cmake
> > bits. i tested both with CC=gcc and CC=clang (for representative
> > failure and success cases respectively). sadly i have to mess about
> > with -Werror because GCC only warns rather than errors for
> > unrecognized attributes by default, but otherwise it's relatively
> > straightforward.
>
> Thank you. I will deal with this in a day or two (diverted elsewhere at
> the moment) along with several other minor tweaks that have just
> arrived.

thanks! (i was worried that the patch got mangled by the mailing list
because it looks a mess on
https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20200416.220034.04568e78.en.html
but i'll take this as a sign that it got through okay! let me know if
i should send it some other way. gmail's not the best for patches...)