Re: [exim] Return-path: and Sender: rewriten?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Return-path: and Sender: rewriten?
On 21/03/2020 20:01, randyd via Exim-users wrote:
> Using version 4.93
> I have several trusted_users = user, they are denied from receiving messages under their unix username
> instead they can only send and receive mail under one of several aliases, thunderbird sets their identity.
> I'm also log_selector +address_rewrite to get a look at what gets re-written.
>
> The issue I have, the Return-path: and Sender: fields are being rewritten from the user's alias set by thunderbird
> back to the unix username, I was wondering how to make it not do that.
>
> This is the log message for this rewrite...
> 2020-03-20 18:54:10 1jFLv6-00005O-GI "user1234@???" from env-from rewritten as "user@???" by submission mode

Actually, it isn't - that's talking about the envelope from,
and you're talking about headers.

However, we can see that "submission mode" is involved. The docs
"concept index" has an entry for that...

I suggest you start reading with
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-message_processing.html#SECTsubmodnon

--
Cheers,