Re: [pcre-dev] Problems and questions about locales

Author: ph10
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Problems and questions about locales
On Mon, 17 Feb 2020, I wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020, Patrice Guérin wrote:
>
> > At my opinion, pcre2_maketables() is independant of 8/16/32 bits since it's
> > defined as uint8_t (ie bytes).
> > For the same reason, I think there is no endianness issue in the computation
> > of the table.
> > Saving and loading in binary should be ok.
>
> I have put this on a list to think about.

It has occurred to me that all you need is the length of the tables (in
bytes) and then you can save/restore them yourself. I could most easily
do this by adding a new option to pcre2_config(). [It's not really a
configuration value, but that saves having to invent a whole new
function.] Does this seem reasonable/useful?

Philip

--
Philip Hazel