Re: [exim] SSL wildcard certificate intermediate CA weirdnes…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SSL wildcard certificate intermediate CA weirdness
On 20/12/2019 00:15, Christian Balzer via Exim-users wrote:
> Kinda implied by the VIP, pacemaker bits. :)

You're running a loadbalancer for smtp? When a couple of
MX's does the same job with far fewer moving parts?
I've never understood why anyone would do that.
Short on public IP allocations?

> The same VIP was used for testing with HTTPS (apache), IMAPS and POP3S
> (dovecot) w/o issues so the problem is not systemic and inherent to Exim
> or more likely the SSL libraries it uses.

So, what TLS libraries are being used? I assume your Exim is GnuTLS -
but if you build your own, you could use OpenSSL or LibreSSL.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy