Re: [pcre-dev] New header file location

Author: zatlas1@yahoo.com
To: pcre-dev@exim.org, ph10@hermes.cam.ac.uk
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org, Zoltán Herczeg
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] New header file location
I can, as I had said, handle the unnecessary files in my process.  Please do not move thwm to a new directoryZe'ev

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:30 AM, ph10@???<ph10@???> wrote: On Mon, 2 Dec 2019, Ze'ev Atlas wrote:

> When I started, Philip had assured me that pcre2_jit_compile.c is
> indeed in src but does nothing in my context.  He had also assired me
> that most of the rest of jit related code would be in src/sljit.  I do
> not understand why the change of heart.  These headers are not needed
> when we compile for non-jit.  Their natural place is sljit.

Not really; sljit contains code that is used in many projects, not just
PCRE2, so it would be wrong to put PCRE2-specific code in there. In
effect, sljit is a "project" in its own right. For example, you will see
exactly the same files in the sljit directory in PCRE1, though the
PCRE-specific files are different.

I suppose we could have put all the files whose names begin with
pcre2_jit into yet another directory, but I think it is probably too late
to change now. Sorry about that.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel