Re: [exim] Outgoing mail

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outgoing mail
MaDhAt2r via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 28 Aug 2019 18:10:38 CEST):

> My scenario is this: my clients send communication out to their contacts via
> different email addresses. These email addresses are more for identification
> than anything. All replies will come back to the same address via Reply-To,
> but they want to be able to send emails from another more meaningful address
> i.e. "Admin <admin@???>" or "Shane <info@???>" which will

As Jeremy pointed out, this is matter of the MUAs they use. Often it is
called 'Identity' in the MUA configuration.

If it comes to Exim: it depends how the MUA submit the messages.
And if we talk about From: or the envelope.

Depending on how the messages are submitted to Exim, Exim does
several sanity checks with the envelope sender and may modify the
envelope. Exim (in its standard configuration) should not touch the
From: header, but may add a Sender: header, if there is any descrepancy
between the envelope-from and the From: header.

Keep in mind, that the recipient may do checks on the From: and
Envelope-Sender too.

To be more helpful we need more details.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann