Re: [exim] broken exim - local mail is going out smtp

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] broken exim - local mail is going out smtp
On 11/07/2019 05:49, Mike via Exim-users wrote:
>        My domain uses a spam filtering service and my mail host is
> hidden. If you do a MX lookup on my domain (example.com), you will get
> the MX's of the spam filter service. So the flow here is, internet ->
> spam filter service -> direct SMTP to my mail host, which then receives
> the mail and does an MX lookup, finds records pointing to the spam
> filter service and tries to forward there.

This hinges on how your exim config routes messages which
should be local. The common config is to have a dnslookup
router first, with a condition deselecting it for "local stuff".
That condition will be the issue; look at how it is written
and work out what it will do in your environment.

Then rewrite it to work.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy