Re: [pcre-dev] Partial match at end of subject

Author: ND
To: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Partial match at end of subject
On 2019-07-12 07:08, ph10 wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019, ND via Pcre-dev wrote:
>> I guess you told about second example (in first example "x" don't
> adds). I
> > believed empty match at the end of string is not counted as partial.
>This is a documentation issue. Instead of "empty match" read "match in
> which no characters are inspected". I will look at the documentation.

There are words about inspected characters in docs. Sorry, may be I don't
quite understand them due to my poor english. I think now I more
understand it.

This is about my second example.
But it seems first example have another issue:

> PCRE2 version 10.33 2019-04-16
> ab\=ph
> Partial match: b

Why it matched b?

And there is another example with result that I don't understand:

/\z/
ab\=ph
0:

Why it's result is not "no match"?