Re: [exim] geximon leaving tail processes sucking up cpu

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Calum Mackay
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] geximon leaving tail processes sucking up cpu
On Sun, 16 Jun 2019, Calum Mackay via Exim-users wrote:

> hi all,
>
> Does anyone have a fix for geximon leaving tail processes running, using up
> 100% cpu, after it exits?
>
> I see a Debian (which I'm using) bug logged 18 months ago:
>
>     https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888734

> but no action.
>
> I could obviously run it from a wrapper that pkilled tail processes looking
> at exim log files, etc, but…
>
> Or do people not use geximon these days?
>
> thanks very much.

I'd never heard of geximon and it isn't part of the main exim release.

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/geximon describes it as:
   an X monitor for the exim mail transport agent. It has all features of
   the original (tracking the log, managing the mail queue, plotting, etc.)
   and more. It also integrates with exiwhat (allowing you to manage active exim
   instances), exigrep, and eximstats. The interface is intuitive, compact,
   and easy to use.
and suggests that geximon has a home page at
     http://projects.planetwatson.co.uk/wiki/geximon
- which is down at the moment.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???