Re: [exim] local_scan_path change ?

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Thomas Krichel
CC: Andreas Metzler, Exim-users, exim4
Subject: Re: [exim] local_scan_path change ?
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 02:20:19PM +0000, Thomas Krichel wrote:

> Andreas Metzler via Exim-users writes
>
> > sa-exim probably has reached EOL.
>
> I'm pleased to report that it works again. sa-exim (4.2.1-17)
> is available on Debian testing, and there is a changelog
> entry from Magnus. Version 4.92-6 of exim4-daemon-heavy,
> that you made has the local_scan restored. Kudos. If you
> make to Novosibirsk or NYC, let me know, I will at least
> buy you beers!

First, I want to thank Magnus for taking over that code, which indeed I
haven't looked at in since 2006.
Second, I indeed upgraded exim myself to the latest version last week, and
thngs just worked.

Out of curiosity, for new users, are there any ways that sa-exim is better
tha exiscan, still? (honestly I spent a lot of time writing/setting up
sa-exim just how I wanted back in the day, it's worked since then, thanks
again to help from Magnus, so I haven't looked).

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/