Re: [exim] Header question, X-Relay-User

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Header question, X-Relay-User
On 2019-03-04, jan-jun.2019--- via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,

> $ grep -ir x-relay-user /etc/exim4
> grep: /etc/exim4/passwd.client: Permission denied
> $

passwd.client is just a database of smarthost passwords, the lack of
other output is a pretty good indication that exim's not adding that
header.

> # This file was generated dynamically from
> # non-split config (/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros
> # and /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template).
> # The config files are supplemented with package installation/configuration

however exim can be told to remove that header line when it sees it.

What log lines do the bad emails produce in /var/log/exim4/mailnlog

there should be a line with "<=" then the email is created and one with
"=>" when it is dispatched.