Re: [exim] Expiriences with TLS 1.3

Author: exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Expiriences with TLS 1.3
Hi,

On 28.01.19 11:50, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
> is anyone of you running TLS 1.3 already ?

I am using it on stock Ubuntu 18.10 (Exim is version 4.91-6ubuntu1,
gnutls is 3.6.4-2ubuntu1) on a relatively low volume secondary MX.

> If so, any problems ?

Works fine, beside the fact that the Exim version shipped with Ubuntu
18.10 does not give you full control over the TLS 1.3 details in the
cipher string (I usually define ciphers I allow and even more important
the server precende via tls_require_ciphers). However, in contrast to
TLS 1.2 (which has some weak ciphers) all ciphers available in the
current TLS 1.3 implementation are fine (as of now) and there is no need
to tune that now.

hth.
--
Thomas