Re: [exim] Optional 'aliases' router?

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Optional 'aliases' router?
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 05:30:39PM +0100, Marco Gaiarin via Exim-users wrote:
> I can declare the first router as 'unseen', but with that i miss the condition
> when the first router (the responder) is defined and the second one (the
> alias) is not.
>
> So the first alias have to return 'unseen' if and only if the second router
> are defined.

Use 'condition' option for your router and put any desired logic into it.
You can combine lookups for both alias files to determine whether address
is listed in both of them, and accept/decline an address for this router
on the result of this check.

> Can i write an 'unseen' conditional request? Or, speaking generally, there's
> some way to set boolean optons in trasport based on condition? ;-)

Predicates are computed for routers. Transports are tools for delivery,
they are not applicable for decisions, logic and boolean operations.
--
Eugene Berdnikov