[exim] Handling Spam in outgoing mail queue

Author: Brent Clark
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Handling Spam in outgoing mail queue
Good day Guys

I would just like to double check something with the community.

I would like to ask, how do you guys handle outgoing SPAM queue?

So what happens is, we may have a client that runs a website (shared
hosting), and say it gets compromised (not the server itself), just the app.

Naturally we get in contact with the client and advise on best practice
etc, but this email is not about that, this is about the spam in Exims
queue that now needs to be dealt with.

Currently what the poor support staff does is stop exim, then using
exipick / grep etc find the spam.

The problem is, when Exim is stopped, then other clients app that need
to send mail, cant.

The question I would like to ask is, what is the correct way to manage
mail in the queue, or if someone can give a suggestion, of removing all
spam in the queue.

We tried stopping the exim queue runner but did not yield the results we
were expecting (Later googled revealed
https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/stop-the-exim-temporary.208812/).

Thanks in advance

Regards