Re: [exim] UTF chars in Exim debug output

Author: George L. Yermulnik
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] UTF chars in Exim debug output
Hello!

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 22:10:38 (+0100), Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> > I've noticed that Exim started to print UTF chars in its debug output.
> > Is there an option to disable this behavior?

> No. I decided that enough terminal-emulators were UTF-8 -enabled.
> If it's a stopper for you, please raise a bug.

Not quite a stopper, but makes it less readable when running Exim debug
smtp sessions on non-utf terminal emulators and systems. I realise that
these sort of systems/terminals are kind of outdated but still exist and
use Exim as their main MTA so might worth having this option switchable.

Just looked into https://github.com/Exim/exim and couldn't find 'Issues'
in there thus please let me know how do I raise a bug for it and if it's
kind of achievable (option to switch it on or off).

Thank you.

--
George L. Yermulnik
[YZ-RIPE]