[pcre-dev] Unknown C construct

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: Pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Unknown C construct
This is NOT a bug per se, but my C compiler does not really recognize this construct
<snip>/* For the benefit of systems without stdint.h, an alternative is to use
inttypes.h. The existence of these headers is checked by configure or CMake. */#define PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT_H   @PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT_H@
#define PCRE2_HAVE_INTTYPES_H @PCRE2_HAVE_INTTYPES_H@<snip>
my compiler will recognize that  PCRE2_HAVE_STDINT_H is defined but I do not know about any way to set the value to zero or one.  Remember that I do not have any MAKE, CMAKE etc. on the classic z/OS.
I could set macros and compile options outside the source code (the equivalent of Dmacroname or Umacroname and compiler options).  But the construct
#define macroname   @externalvalue@is not part of it
I could manually remove these lines from pcre2.h and set the values externally but there should be a better way.  The IBM C compiler does adhere with the latest concept so there should be an equivalent.In short, when you accommodated systems without stdint.h or inttypes.h (I have both,) you have created a problem for systems without CMake!
Ze'ev Atlas