Re: [exim-dev] DNSSEC / log spam

Author: Viktor Dukhovni
To: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] DNSSEC / log spam
On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 02:45:31AM -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2018-06-30 at 00:01 -0400, Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-dev wrote:
> >                          So there is a potential solution, if you're
> > willing to change how manage _res.options.

> No. Messing with _res was always dangerous and since NetBSD went and
> made incompatible changes, life became hell.

OK, but just as a data point, over in Postfix-land we've not had
any trouble with _res in the legacy resolver API on any supported
platforms. And if you use res_ninit() you get to have your own
private resolver state. So it is not clear why Exim would have
such troubles. Exim is not multi-threaded IIRC.

Anyway, I should not persist, just trying to be helpful, and don't
want to be a pest... So no more, unless you have questions.

--
    Viktor.