[exim] Help with dropping spam e-mail.

Author: Mark Elkins
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] Help with dropping spam e-mail.

I need help. (pun included)

Someone is using "please@???" as the source of spam e-mail. The
address does not exist...

delivering 1fI8dS-0008Pd-DC (queue run pid 700)
LOG: MAIN
  ** please@???: Unknown user

...but I do manage the domain "help.co.za"

I also allow wildcards in addresses - so "*@help.co.za" could be
forwarded to a single "catchall" account and some customers use this to
"fetch" all their e-mails....

I'm getting a few 100 per minute which upsets the Load Average - which
stops local delivery. What would be the most appropriate means to
/dev/null this crap. I'm running my users from a MySQL database and
serve a few hundred domains - each with multiple email users. I'm
running a pretty new version of exim and do this on a Gentoo machine.

Either - create a user by the appropriate name and forward it to what???

or - somehow tell exim when it gets an unknown user to /dev/null it ???

Second would be better - as long as its logged - How do I do this?

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje@???       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496