[exim] Sophie - was Re: exim with rspamd connection with cl…

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] Sophie - was Re: exim with rspamd connection with clamav
On Thu, 10 May 2018, Graeme Fowler via Exim-users wrote:

> On 9 May 2018, at 19:51, Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply, in the exim configure i not add the parameter "scanner = sophie".
>
> Correct; the default value (when av_scaner is unset) is:
>
>     av_scanner = sophie:/var/run/sophie

I hadn't remembered this so went to look at sophie.
spec.txt 44.1 says:

     Sophie is a daemon that uses Sophos' libsavi library to scan for
     viruses.  You can get Sophie at http://www.clanfield.info/sophie/. The
     only option for this scanner type is the path to the UNIX socket that
     Sophie uses for client communication. ...

But http://www.clanfield.info/sophie gives
     Clanfield
     Best Plantar Fasciitis Solutions
     Oops! That page can’t be found.

http://sophie.sourceforge.net/ was last updated June 2005;
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sophie/ was updated more recently
- 2013-04-11 - but still over five years ago, and I can't find a download
on either site.

Can anyone suggest a better link to replace
http://www.clanfield.info/sophie
which now appears to be a site for medical appliances.

Is it reasonable to keep Sophie as the malware program
in the default exim config, when it appears to be inactive ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Cambridge, UK
             andrew@???