Re: [exim] Exim cluster in front of Amazon SES

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim cluster in front of Amazon SES
On 04/05/18 19:58, Morgan Blackthorne via Exim-users wrote:
> 1.) Accept mail from our various webservers on the local network using
> security groups
> 2.) Verify that the domain is a member of a domain whitelist and if so,
> send it out SES as a smarthost
> 3.) Rate limit how fast we forward over to SES to avoid sending limits
> being breached

Outbound rate-limiting is hard. See here for some ideas:

https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/RatelimitOutbound

> For the domain whitelisting, I'm not seeing any way to do that kind of
> verification after the message is accepted. We may need to skip that and

a) Why accept them in the first place?
b) divert them to an alternate named-queue, on which you are not
operating a queue-runner, pending a manual selective run of that
queue?

--
Cheers,
Jeremy