Re: [exim] GROK/regex-Patterns for mainlog

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] GROK/regex-Patterns for mainlog
On 13/04/18 19:52, Christian K via Exim-users wrote:
> Does anybody know of a complete pattern for mainlog (or even reject and
> panic log as well)? Or are there maybe already GROK/Regex patterns I did
> not stumble upon that satisfy my requirements or at least come close?

Any such list will necessarily become out-of-date as Exim advances. We
do not regard the logging as a stable interface; nor is it intended to
be suited for machine parsing (though see bug 2142, which aims in that
direction). You would be better off deliberately writing the particular
details you want, under the control of expansions in ACLs and
transports, to your required output channel.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy