Re: [exim] Exim 4.90 tls session cache

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.90 tls session cache
On 08/04/18 23:22, Marcin Gryszkalis via Exim-users wrote:
> after upgrade to 4.90 I noticed strange behavior on Outlook@win7
> (0x800CCC1A "Your Server does not support the connection encryption type
> you have specified.")
> but it was not typical ciphersuite mismatch - something was really
> strange - outlook managed to send the message successfully on 2nd to 4th
> try!

Bug 2255.

> I wonder if anybody observed similar behavior and managed to find better
> fix (on client side probably?).

Apparently not. We thought that disabling the sessions cache on the
IMAP service might help (the supposition is that OE is trying to
re-use the IMAP TLS connection for the SMTP connection, as it only
seems to happen when IMAP is served by the same system) but that
was tried and didn't help.

> What about creating a configure knob to disable session cache (let it be
> on by default)?

Being discussed; see Phil's message an hour before yours.

The upcoming 4.91 will revert to leaving the cache uselessly
enabled; any knob will not appear before 4.92.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy