Re: [exim] Why "blackhole"?

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why "blackhole"?
On 12 March 2018 at 15:59, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> Yes! Kaspersky. And I must say, that I already had some suspect on that...
>
> If local_scan says to accept the message but it has no recipients left it
>> is blackholed.
>>

> OK, thanks.
> But I really can't find any place in my configuration to delete the
> recipients...

The sample configuration you posted is just a set of ACLs entries. The
*Specification* seems to be saying that when Exim calls the function
specified by *local_scan* then that function itself can delete recipients
from the list. If so and *that* is removing all the recipients but then
tells Exim to accept the message it ends up getting blackholed.

However I've never used local_scan so might be entirely wrong. Can someone
who knows more about it confirm?

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm