Re: [exim] Local / Non SMTP Connections Bypassing ACLs

Author: Brian Spraker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Local / Non SMTP Connections Bypassing ACLs

    On Thursday, March 1, 2018, 3:17:27 PM CST, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:

On 2018-03-01 19:51, Brian Spraker wrote:

>> acl_not_smtp

> I can use the typical SpamAssassin checks in here without needing exiscan?

The spec says: (Section 43.3)

The acl_not_smtp ACL is run just before the local_scan() function.

I take that to mean that you can do anything there that you can do in
acl_smtp_data, provided of course you don't refer to SMTP specific items.
Thank you Ian.  Went through and had to do quite a bit of removal of some ACLs for that to work.  the acl_not_smtp cannot check for authentication (duh..), cannot check receipients (which is odd?), and can't check for invalid local_parts (which is odd?).  Unless there is another acl_not_smtp ACL where that data needs checked.
The acl_not_smtp ACL I ended with will add a message ID (if one doesn't exist), check for mime defects, file extensions/attachments, malware, odd symbols (chinese symbols, NUL, etc), and do the SpamAssassin checking.
At the end of the day, that was the primary goal and it is all good.