Re: [exim] rate limit for maximum outgoing emails to mail-re…

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rate limit for maximum outgoing emails to mail-relay
On 2018-02-28, Jakob Schürz via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Hi!
>>
>>   event_action=${if eq{$event_name}{msg:delivery}\
>>    {${acl{accept delay=1s}}}}

>> to give a max rate close to 60 per minute.
>>
> Also thanks a lot. I'll try this out.

I keep forgetting details... you have to also turn off immediate delivery
else that slowness won't cause a ratelimit, and then also need to
increase the queue run rate so that emails get delivered reasonlby fast,

This is a different approach to the one Jeremy was suggesting using. And
technically inferior to it because this keeps TCP sockets open for longer
than neeeded.