Re: [exim] rate limit for maximum outgoing emails to mail-re…

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] rate limit for maximum outgoing emails to mail-relay
Of course the need for outbound rate limiting is not confined to sending to
Gmail/G Suite recipients. For example we see problems when a group here has
a fault with one of their software systems and it triggers umpteen emails
to their alerts/support address. This is *not* hosted at Gmail/G Suite but
the hosting service nevertheless employs rate limiting of incoming messages.

So despite being a profound advocate of Exim, it is a little embarrassing
to tell people who ask me about outbound rate limiting that it's so
difficult in it, but simple in other MTAs. But I guess it stems from a
design decision made early on and hence is difficult to address.

Mike B.