Re: [exim] rate limit for maximum outgoing emails to mail-re…

Author: James
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rate limit for maximum outgoing emails to mail-relay
On 28/02/2018 10:02, Jakob Schürz via Exim-users wrote:
> Am 28.02.2018 um 10:29 schrieb James via Exim-users:
>>> We use gmail suite as our email-provider, and gmail has some
>>> send-limitations.
>>
>> Dump gmail. Install exim and just let exim send directly.
>
> This is not my decision. The whole company uses the gmail-suite
> including drive, docs and so on. Google is a evil company... we know.
> But the products are very good for some kind of business.

I mean dump gmail from the sending loop [although dumping gmail
completely would suit me].

I'll expand using the OP's/Jakob's own link. Google themselves suggest
cutting gmail from the sending loop:

<quote src="https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en">

Recommendations for sending bulk email
Use a local mail server—If you have a local mail server, use it to send
mail directly to recipients to avoid sending limits. This local server
should also be added to your SPF record to stop the messages from being
marked as spam.

</quote>

Tell your PHB's you are following Google's excellent advice.

James.