Re: [exim] lowest numbered MX record points to local host

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] lowest numbered MX record points to local host
Am 14.02.2018 um 09:59 schrieb Bambero via Exim-users:
> So what shoud I do to fix that? I can't use local_domains, becouse it's
> shared hosting, and users can add domains by hand.
> If someone will add domain 'gmail.com' exim will treat it as local domain.
>
> The only way is to check MX.

There is no easy solution to the problem. Local domains defines those
domains, the server shall receive email for.

You could add a rule  to the check_rcpt acl , to see, if  IN MX of the
domain points to your server. It's doable,
but could be tricked also.

Way easier is to blacklist domains, you will never serve emails for like
gmail.com.

domainlist local_domains = @ : localhost : localhost.localdomain :
${lookup mysql {  SELECT domainname FROM .. WHERE ... AND DOMAIN NOT IN
( "gmail.com","t-online.de","gmx.de","gmx.net","outlook.com" .... ) }}

You could also build an sql with a db defined blacklist, which would be
easier to maintain.

Hope that helped,
Marius