Re: [exim] Wildcards in aliases

Author: Hardy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Wildcards in aliases
Thank you Heiko and Merlin,

lookups are my really weak point ;-) and my lack on a grasp on regex
hampers me even more. I know I should change this on the long run, but
for now your short term help is very much appreciated...

A one-time change to the conf is acceptable, of course.

I had hope for a solution to keep my alias file the single point of
maintenance AND keep it compilable by exim_dbmbuild. I would like to
stick with the simple

    require verify = recipient

for validation. My lookup now is

    data = ${lookup{$local_part}dbm{/etc/exim/$domain.aliases.db}}

Can I still do what I want with dbm, and how would I write the alias
file for entries meaning

myname[digits]: myname

Thanks
Hardy