Re: [exim] ACL to stop an account to send email

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL to stop an account to send email
Am 03.02.2018 um 00:10 schrieb Jasen Betts:
> On 2018-02-02, Luciano Rinetti <l.rinetti@???> wrote:
>> How can i write an ACL to stop an account to send email ?
>> And continue to use IMAP server to read email ?
>> The mail server (Ubuntu server) uses Exim4 4.74 and Courier-imap 4.8.0.

a) your courier server has nothing to do with exim, so : yes, you can.

b)

I your case, these acls seems to be the best attempts:

acl_check_auth:
acl_check_mail:
acl_check_rcpt:

If the account uses smtp-auth , just deny it there.
If the account uses a fixed sender address, use check_mail
and you guessed it, if you need to stop mails to specific recipients,
use check_rcpt

Any of these acls has unique variables that might come handy. Check with
the Exim-Docs

hint:

deny condition ${if eq{$..........}{"sender@???"}{yes}{no}}

Marius