Re: [exim] Some mails are queued, other are sent immediately

Author: Yvan Masson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Some mails are queued, other are sent immediately
Le 19/12/2017 à 02:58, Ian Zimmerman a écrit :
> On 2017-12-18 15:02, Yvan Masson wrote:
>
>> Anyway, during tests I noticed that some emails are sent immediately
>> (what I prefer), while other are queued (introducing useless delay):
>> - Why this difference ?
>> - What could I do to avoid the queue ?
>
> In the voluminous spec, Chapter 14, look at the various
> smtp_accept_max_* and smtp_accept_queue_* parameters. I bet you need to
> increase one of those.
>
> Or maybe just run the queue more frequently? That can be done without
> even touching the configuration file, with a command line argument. I
> use -q10 on my lightly loaded server.

Thanks for the hints.

I checked these parameters but it must be something else: those
parameters are unset in my configuration (checked
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated) and default values should allow two
emails sent directly…

This makes me think your second proposal is the best for me: it is
indeed very simple to adjust /etc/default/exim4 to run the queue more often.

Regards,
Yvan