Re: [exim] Sender verify for inbound emails when using smart…

Author: Sebastian Arcus
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender verify for inbound emails when using smart relay for sending

On 06/12/17 12:26, Sebastian Arcus via Exim-users wrote:

> On 06/12/17 12:09, Graeme Fowler via Exim-users wrote:
>> On 6 Dec 2017, at 11:56, Sebastian Arcus via Exim-users
>> <exim-users@???> wrote:
>>>     domains = +local_domains
>>
>> Are you sure? I would have thought you were verifying non-local
>> domains at this point…
>>
>> Try ‘domains = !+local_domains’ (or '!domains = +local_domains')
>
> Unless I misunderstood the docs, the "domains" variable should contain
> the domain of the recipient address, by the time we reach the routers.
> As I am doing verification for inbound email, shouldn't "domains"
> contain our own local domain? Did I get it wrong?

OK - looking at the docs again, I must have misunderstood things. By the
time we reach the routers, all we have is just one email addresses, to
find a router for. So in the case of sender verification, this will be
the sender's address, and "domains" will test against this one. Thank
you for your help - it seems to be working fine now.