Re: [exim-dev] feature request for exim: query DNSBL provide…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Rob McEwen
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] feature request for exim: query DNSBL providers' DNS servers directly
On 2017-09-11 at 12:25 -0400, Rob McEwen wrote:
> (1) I noticed the following (patch? or fork?):
> "DNS for exim.org" by Nigel Metheringham
> ...could that be related or similar to anything I'm trying to accomplish?

Entirely different repository. That's for configuring the zonefile for
exim.org itself, back when it was Lua-based and using
GitHub/webhooks/LuaDNS before we switched to something which would
support DNSSEC.

> (2) while your suggestions are excellent - they quickly go beyond my
> specific skills/expertise. (I'm not a C programmer - and I'm not even very
> good at C++). Is there any way I could commission or pay someone (as a
> contractor) to implement this? Do you have any suggestions?

Sure, we're open to people posting looking for contractors for Exim
development.

My own schedule is tight for the next couple of months (minimum) so I
can't take this on.

<https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/Commercial> is where most of these
are listed; the page is open to editing by anyone with a GitHub account,
so these aren't vetted. I will note that "Heiko Schlittermann" is one
of the two people (together with Jeremy) currently doing most of the
Exim development work, so if I were looking to hire, I'd start there.

-Phil