Re: [exim] nwildlsearch syntax

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] nwildlsearch syntax
John Schmerold via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> I am using Exim as a spam filter for a dozen domains, I store recipients
> in a recipients.txt using this directive
>     require recipients = nwildlsearch;/etc/exim/recipients.txt

> I want to get abuse reports for all domains sent to me using this directive:
>    abuse@* abuse@??? Tt

> I thought I could add this line to /etc/exim/recipients.txt:
>    abuse@*

[...]
> If I use *@whyme.com in recipients.txt, everything works fine, so I'm
> not sure why abuse@* wouldn't work.

Hello,

that is how nwildlsearch works, see
<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html#SECTsinglekeylookups>
You can either match exactly, or "the string may begin with an
asterisk to mean “ends with", or use a regex or use a nested lookup.
"Begins with" is not listed.

^abuse@

would probably work as pattern.

cu Andreas