Re: [pcre-dev] I'm adding PCRE v2 support to Git. It's a bit…

Author: Matthew Vernon
To: Zoltán Herczeg, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] I'm adding PCRE v2 support to Git. It's a bit slower than v1
On 12/04/17 06:10, Zoltán Herczeg wrote:

[apropos Debian pcre packages]

>> I couldn't find out how to get the compile flags for those, but
>> presumably it's some comparable middle-of-the-road value, probably
>> -O2. I'll try compiling from svn & report back.
>
> Likely -O2. I am surprised that JIT is enabled in default builds. I am sure it wasn't in the past.

JIT is enabled in Debian on pcre builds for some architectures (roughly,
those where it's believed to work ;-) ). It was true in old-pcre (Debian
calls this pcre3) at the point I took over looking after pcre for
Debian, and so I made it so for pcre2 also.

Regards,

Matthew