Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 String Concatenation regex

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Lisa Brinson
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 String Concatenation regex
Hi,

this mailing list is about pcre library development, not general regular expression questions. Reddit is the right place for those tricky questions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/regex/

I try to answer your question though. Since the number of "string" tags are unknown, I would convert this in multiple steps.

- First, I would convert the initial tag, which looks like "string" +

- Second, I would convert the +"string"+ parts

- Third, convert the terminator +"strings" with a similar pattern.

Of course depending on the input you could create more complex patterns to fit your needs.

Regards,
Zoltan