Re: [exim] Use uname() in exim configuration file

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Use uname() in exim configuration file
Nicolas Dorfsman <ndo@???> (Mi 02 Mär 2016 21:28:13 CET):

> > So, if you leave this unset and then refer to $primary_hostname in sections of your configuration it will pull in from a call uname() and do exactly what you specify.
>

>       Sure…but I need to set it to a fqdn name to respect standards.
>       And I made some tests, which made me thinking that primary_hostname is set AFTER reading the conf file.

primary_hostname is set already for reading the configuration.
Depending on your needs you may use qualify_domain and it's derivatives.

If primary_hostname is not set, Exim calls uname() to find the host
name. If this fails, Exim panics and dies. If the name returned by
uname() contains only one component, Exim passes it to gethostbyname()
(or getipnodebyname() when available) in order to obtain the fully
qualified version. The variable $primary_hostname contains the host
name, whether set explicitly by this option, or defaulted.

--
Heiko