Re: [pcre-dev] Which limit is hit?

Author: Jean-Christophe Deschamps
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Which limit is hit?

At 18:30 25/01/2015, you wrote:
´¯¯¯

     I think the issue is that the byte code of the pattern is too big.
     It is basically (?:\d+=) 9999 times. It was easier to implement the
     interpreter this way (JIT converts back the byte code into an
     interator again, because of the code size).
     To make this work, increase the link size 3 or 4
     (--with-link-size=4) when compiling PCRE.

`---
So if I understand you correctly, the only options are to either use a
larger link size or use JIT, none of which is under my control since
I'm using a script language interpretor embedding PCRE in linked form.
While I regard PCRE as a superior engine and feel obliged by the work
of the dev team I find unfortunate the choice to not implement an
internal loop structure for fixed repetition of subpatterns.
Thank you for your insight anyway.

--
[1]jcd@???