Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2: pcre2_match() no longer accepts PCRE2…

Author: ph10
To: Ralf Junker
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
New-Topics: [pcre-dev] Updates to substring handling
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2: pcre2_match() no longer accepts PCRE2_NO_START_OPTIMIZE
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014, Ralf Junker wrote:

> pcre2.h.in documents PCRE2_NO_START_OPTIMIZE as a valid option for pcre2_match():
>
> #define PCRE2_NO_START_OPTIMIZE 0x00008000u /* J M D */

Sorry, now that I've looked at it, I think you are wrong. That line is
under the comment "Other options that can be passed to pcre2_compile()".
The options for pcre2_match() are listed below.

The M and D in the comment specify what is affected by the option, not
which function it can be passed to. I will try to make this clearer in
the comment.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel