Re: [exim] End of the DNS MX record ?

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [exim] End of the DNS MX record ?

On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 10:50 -0400, Chris Siebenmann wrote:

> They aren't redundant but they aren't necessary. The standard is that
> you try the A record[*] if there is no MX record.
>
> (This behavior is actually sometimes annoying, because it means that
> there is no clean standards-compliant way of saying 'this machine exists
> but you should never attempt mail delivery to it'. People often use
> various bogus MX values for this purpose, like 'MX localhost.' or 'MX
> .'.)

Away goes my latest quick check ............

condition = ${lookup dnsdb{mxh=${domain:$sender_address}}{0}{1}}

:-(

Just simple checks can significantly reduce spam, provided everyone
creates MX records.

Thank you.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.