Re: [exim] Inserting a TLS status header?

Author: Dominik Röttsches
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Inserting a TLS status header?
Jeremy,

Am 04.08.2014 15:46, schrieb Jeremy Harris:
> On 04/08/14 12:23, Dominik Röttsches wrote:
>> I would like to use the TLS status of incoming delivered mail to
>> spam
>> filtering. My idea was to insert a header into the mail which
>> describes

> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.html#SECTexpvar
>
> ... lists $tls_in_cipher as having content during
> a TLS incoming connection. Presumably it's empty
> otherwise (check this!).

Thank you very much for the pointers!

I was able to add a statement into the acl_check_data stage which adds
the used cipher suite on mails that are delivered over an encrypted
incoming connection.

   warn message = X-TLS-In-Cipher: $tls_in_cipher
        encrypted = *

I am aware that this is deprecated syntax, but it's consistent with the
other statements I have there.

It should probably be:
   warn encrypted = *
        add_header = X-TLS-In-Cipher: $tls_in_cipher

Dominik