Author: George Date: To: exim-users Subject: Re: [exim] Behaviour change in 4.83?
On 30/07/14 11:19, Graeme Fowler wrote: > On Tue, 2014-07-29 at 16:09 +0100, George wrote:
>> I've noticed that my mime checking is not working as expected since I
>> upgraded from 4.82.1 to 4.83 (on Arch Linux if that is significant).
>> Starting to try and work out why, I've logged $mime_filename for all
>> attachments. I see that it is now quoted but looking back through older
>> logs, it wasn't before.
>> I can't see anything relevant in the changelog so I see 3 possibilities:
> I think this might be your answer, from doc/Changelog:
> JH/28 Fix parsing of MIME headers for parameters with quoted semicolons.
> http://git.exim.org/exim.git/commitdiff/1bd0d12bcbf4f51bd78c60d5bae01f1ff38c5a84 >
> I did see that but I don't think that's the same issue, unless it's a
side-effect, as there are no quoted characters involved. I've looked
further into this and with a test email I see the following:
logging $mime_decoded_filename - "test.zip"
changing my exim config to cope with the quotes, passing
$mime_decoded_filename to my checking script and then logging $1 -
All quotes appear in the log. While I can see some possible reasons for
the first, the second just doesn't look right to me. Having got this
far, I can change my script to cope but the changes I make depend on
whether this is intended behaviour or likely to revert to the previous
This message was posted to the following mailing lists: